Thursday, January 06, 2005

Innocence,naive, ignorance and stupidity

Many like kids,
Many like babies,
Many like baby animals,
Not because they are cute.
It's because we are not them.
We do not possess the natural innocence.

Innocence and being naive is just a thin line across.
Naive and ignorance is separated by this fine line.
Ignorance and stupidity differs just by that thin line.

As we grow, we learn to be less innocent. We learn to be less naive. We learn to be less ignorant. This is the world, the world we live in. The words we say, the way we think, the way we do things, show how innocent, naive, ignorant and even stupid we are.

Innocence, naive, ignorant and stupidity is just a thin line difference.

Just last year, I went to a seminar to give a speech. I had raised a topic which everyone knows yet nobody dares to voice it out. It's a daring speech, that's the many responses. Sacrasm and laughter hid within the shadow of compliments.

To them, I was innocent.
To them, I was naive.
To them, I was ignorant.
To them, I was stupid.

I expected that kind of response. They thought they were the audience, laughing at a clown. But they were wrong. They were the clowns, I was the solitary audience.

It's good to be innocent at times.
It's good to be naive at times.
It's good to be ignorant at times.
It's good to be stupid.

And to be really happy like the babies, kids and baby animals, I prefer to be naive, I prefer to be ignorant. I prefer to be stupid at times.
For me, I want to be naive at times.
Only then I can hold firmly to my idealistic beliefs and principles.
Only then I can feel the true happiness within me.


No comments: