Sunday, March 19, 2006

Paranoid again...

Getting paranoid again, dun ask me why i'll be so paranoid, juz read what i want to say...

There's been a saying,"Money is the root of all evil."

Not for me.

"Greed is the root of all evil."

It is the greed which drives man to do everything evil - greed for reputation, fame, power, money etc. Man is a greedy creature. He will do things to the extent which bring tragic to the idealistic life. Man always find hard to overcome the evil of greed. To do that, he has to constantly remind himself, and find time for self-reflection. Time is precious in the world like this, hardly any0ne will spare some time for solitude and self-reflection. To them, it is redundant; it is unnecessary.

Definitely I'm not an exception. Greed surrounds me too. Let's not talk about greed for food, delicacy. Let's just talk about greed for our expectations of life. I manage to overcome greed, but not all attempts have been successful. Greed overcomes me, and I realised myself to be disgusting. You may find me overly self-conscious of my own actions. But upon self-reflecting on what greed has done to me, I know, to overcome, it has been a very tedious thing to do.

I used to study a English literature novel "To Kill a Mocking Bird". In the novel, there's a quote which says,"They have nothing to fear, but to fear themselves." Man has to fear the devil of greed. I know the feeling of fear for the devil of greed. Temptation's a friend of greed and I hate myself of being conquered by him, even though it's in the early stage of the 'greed' battle. Managed to stop this battle by the aid of self-consciousness, but the impact of injury inflicted by greed will only be permanent. But well, at least, I know the dangers imposed by greed and will make sure that I'll not make the same mistake. Still then, the shadow of injury will be accompanying me throughout the whole life.

I may be deemed to be paranoid. But I am just often disgusted with the facets of life. Life should be beautiful, but it has been polluted with sins of greed. Some may be washed, but some may leave a great impact on one's life. Lucky me, greed comes and goes at times.

I may be deemed to be naive, to be ignorant. But in fact, I choose to be naive, I choose to be ignorant. Truth can be very hurting and disgusting in the face of greed.

Really, do Man has to have conversations with the devil of greed, before they can learn lessons of life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If greed must exist in life, then turn all into greed for food ba.. Muahaaha.>_-

~by U have a phone call~