Monday, December 28, 2009

Been a great long weekend..spent great time with ZJ they all for christmas celebration and countdown!! and also went for voluntary work with them in YMCA, celebrating xmas with the kids with negative health condition..it feels extremely great to do voluntary work..i love the experience and it rekindles my life dream and my joy...especially when you get to do the voluntary work with great friends..

and of course i took a lot of photos...hahah..you all can go over my facebook to take a look..

During the evening party in YMCA, i got to speak to the mother of the girls whom i took care..it's really amazing how a mother's strength can be so strong with the will of a child or even her children..no matter how much a mother can feel alone in the struggle, she always has the willpower and endurance to ensure her child is always protected and loved. And she earns my respect when she can tell meabout how wonderful her kids are. From her narration, I realise the girls who I am taking care are very brilllant, even in their studies.

Getting to know about this family firms up my belief in God. He will always have the greatest gift for every child.

===================================================

Was watching a small segment of this reality show "Life Transformers 2". This episode hits me hard and rekindles what I really want to do long-term in my life. I am shocked that in Singapore, we still do have families which really need our help. Nevertheless, I will have to say they are afterall blessed to stay in Singapore, as they still receive financial assistance from the various schemes and a shelter to stay in. They can't even bear to spend a $2.50 to buy their favourite dish...it really hits me hard..i almost wanted to cry out...

It makes me reflect - we may have a wonderful opportunity and memories of doing overseas community service work. But what also needs our attention is the people who stay in the same island as us..the heartlanders..the neglected ones in our local society..

It keeps me strong in my determination that I will earn and save money and also to go on in my tcm studies. So that I, together with the like-minded people, can provide free medical and welfare services to these neglected ones.

I must always bear this in my mind.

===================================================

ZJ introduced me to this song "The Prayer" sung by Celine Dion and Josh Gorban. Love the way they sang it and the lyrics..



==================================================
Cooked vietnamese spring rolls! shall upload my photos up here! hee..and AG loves it!! hee..he commented,"not bad"...heee hee hee...i'm so happy...!!
AG's been a great bf to me..even though there are times when he kinda bullies me, he still treats me well... =)

No comments: