Friday, October 07, 2011

6th October 2011 marks the day when a member of the Crazy Ones passed away at his 56. He's Steve Jobs, ex-CEO of Apple Inc. It's interesting and somehow comforting to see many of us, including me myself, post several clips, speeches and biography about him over Facebook.

He is, indeed, as said by many, a visionary. A crazy one. A legendary.

My very first knowledge of him, probably interestingly, has nothing to do much with Pixar and iPhone. It is his presentation style, the simplicity and impact of his presentation slides, which draws me to him the very first time. It was then when i was inspired to do up similar presentation slides i  my career path. Not an easy thing to, because the slides are so simple that the speaker needs to put in a huge effort to remember his lines and building up the climate of the presentation.

2 years back, i was introduced to using iPhone, credits to AG. Used to be cynical about the phone and of course its price. But this phone concept has this rather powerful attraction. I love the application, i love the  responsiveness and convenience of the phone. I was pulled closer to Steve Jobs' fan club.

Just last year, I got my very first DSLR and later introduced by my ex-colleague to use RAW format. Eventually, I managed to get a MacBook with the help of my dad. And woah! That was the moment when i knew i can never get back to Windows OS..(i mean besides my office laptop). Mac has helped me so much with my editing of photos.

Couldn't agree more when news, even US president, complimented that Jobs has put a lot of impact onto the world.

I've read more about him today, especially his speech at a Stanford graduation ceremony. i respect him more than before. He's an inspiration to me who is weaving my own dream into a reality.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

Thank you, Steve Jobs!

No comments: