Saturday, October 22, 2011

Not an excellent morning to begin today. Again, I have disappointed my boss. I was shocked because i thought i've perfected my work before sending to him. Only the second time when i made the mistake (a different mistake this time), i was finally enlightened what the root of my problem is...

Couldn't agree more with my boss about his very first feedback to me on Thursday - I did not listen. Initially i have to be honest with myself that i do kinda doubt it. My initial thoughts were that it couldn't be - during normal conversations, i could remember every single thing the other party is saying. I can even remember what the event is during the conversation. But then since today's incident, i kinda know the reason.

For my past 3 years' working experiences, i have been very much attuned to taking instructions via emails, resulting in my deterioration to listen attentively to verbal instructions. I am glad that i learnt my big lessons right now during my probation period.

Of course, i am not going to let it happen. It will affect my performance! So I've come out with a solution and i believe this time, it'll work successfully.

Seriously i want to prove to my boss that i am willing to learn, willing to change to the better, and that i am worthy of his guidance and employment.

The more i reflect, the more i feel i have indeed made a wise decision. I am still grateful for my very first employment experience. But on this second career path experience, I realize there are hundreds of things which i am totally inexperienced and that i need to tell myself - this is the period when you are improving yourself. That is why you have made this decision to move out of the comfort zone. The road may be tough, but you just gonna press on and keep telling yourself that you can do it. Do not despair. Do not give up easily. Keep on thinking of solutions to improve yourself.

No comments: