Sunday, November 02, 2008

after tcm lesson, went for a supper with AG. =)

haha..think it's kinda first time when my parents actually allowed me to go for supper when it's nearing 12 and i'm supposed to have reached home by then.

haha..i'm sounding like a cinderalla..haha.. =p

anyway saw a kid collecting empty drink cans in the hawker centre where we had supper.
Din really affect me much until when this kid approached us the second time.
Curiosity kills the cat. So while AG was trying to empty his drink can, i took the chance to talk to this kid.

Learnt from the kid that he's helping his dad as his dad was kinda injured on the leg and could not walk properly, so came out to help. In addition, he told me that the cost for an empty can has dropped quite alot.

Coincidentally, his dad walked past us and kinda greeted me while holding a burning cigarette in his hands. i was like (-________-).

He is only a lower primary school kid, with a younger bro who was also collecting empty cans for his dad. Besides, this kid gives me a terrible feeling that he might have picked up the skills of deception. And working at such an environment, it's not going to be positively influencial to his personal development.

Probably it kinda hurts me to see tat. When i passed him the empty can, I told him to study hard so that he doesn't have to come back here to work. And he just nodded slightly.
When i watched his response, it worried me more. It's either that he might not even have a chance to go school yet or he doesn't like to study (Din ask him further though).

I dun know..i just dun like to see a kid to be situated in such an environment. just feel that in Singapore, it's necessary toh have at least a basic tertiary education. But ya la..it's just something which urges me to tell something to that kid. Whether he will understand what i wanna tell him depends on him ...

No comments: