Thursday, January 21, 2010

hhaa..attended a course for the past 3 days..and hahah..i can know more engineers and more about my behavioural profile in my workplace too!!

And hmm..i find it relatively surprising - I'm a CS person! C meaning compliant, correct while S meaning stable steady..

And a CS means a precisionist, perfectionist or traditional one. Here's the details...

Individuals who are Precisionists exhibit a precise, detailed, stable nature. They are systematic who tend to follow procedures in both personal and business life. They act in a highly tactful, diplomatic fashion and rarely antagonise their associates consciously, taking care to avoid conflict. Extremely conscientious, they painstakingly require accuracy in work and maintain high standards. Precisionists like a protected and secure environment with set rules and regulations, and dislike sudden changes, They like people but prefer having only a few close friends. Exactness is of the essence to Precisionists, and criticism (their greatest fear) is equated with failure. They can be counted on to carry out tasks correctly. They want exact facts and figures before they will make a decision and feel uneasy when forced to decide anything quickly. Predictability and security are the greatest goals for a Precisionist. This is true in all aspects of a Precisionist's life; the more stable the environment, the happier they are.

Precisionists in History:
Ludwig van Beethoven
Leonardo da Vinci

And can I believe my eyes!!! I'm in the same category as Leonardo da Vinci!! He's been my role model since sec sch!!! whahahaha..make me very proud of myself and happy for the past 3 days..hahaha..keep telling myself that i can succeed in life!

well..how true..i will have to say the DISC personalities system is 90% true of my behavourial profile in work. whahaa..!!

And there're also other 2 graphs which reflects my mask public self (behaviour expected by others) and my core private self (instinctive response to pressure).

From these 2 graphs, the coach explained to me and the rest that my first graph (my mask public self) indicates a contradicting me (being "I" influencing, inspiring and "C" compliant, correct at the same time) with a low "D" dominant, driver.

He explained that however when I'm faced with pressure, my "D" and "S" (stable, steady) heightens significantly, meaning I can handle pressure steadily and start to take the lead in a dominating way. Also he mentioned that I may have a suppressed "D" and indicated that my potential of being the leader to take that great leap is not revealed yet.

Make me even more determined of what I want to pursue in my career life.

Well, make a lot of wonderful friends during the course...met one engineer who is a perankan and he speaks cantonese and he loves one old-time HK singer!! I was very surprised when he mentioned his fav singer to me, cos i din know at my age, i do meet ppl with similar fav HK old-time singer..hahaha.. but he's very technical..whahaha..and for some reasons, i know he's from RI and i notice his height and gesture looks kinda similar to SE (my JC class chairman)...make me wonder whether it is under influence of the school... =p whhaha..anyway from all the conversations, he's one whom i think he reads a lot and have diverse knowledge..

and i met one scholar who is from HK too!!! whaha..actually i'm not supposed to label him, but he's one whom i respect very much. He doesn't like to be labelled as a scholar and he has relatively good leadership skills.

Love this course..!!

*****************************************************************

My course ended today and before heading to my colleague's wedding dinner, went to my fav church to pray...

I feel i really need an answer from Him and need the strength and the determination..and also pray that He gives me the right person to be with for the rest of my life...There's so much uncertainty and insecurity i'm facing right now..

*****************************************************************

Before the wedding dinner, attended the colleague's solemnisation which took place an hour before the dinner.

It was a very emotional and touching solemnisation..the chief justice is very humourous, making many jokes and also at the same time, in his humourous way, unintentionally make my colleague and us cry. The vows towards each other were another touching scene. Both of them were tearing away as they said their vows to each other.

For some reasons, i guess it is the pledge which makes everyone tear. i held back my tears - i dun like myself to be seen crying. Such clinche statements - to be with him/her in sickness, etc - every married couples recite yet nowadays, many fail to remember their promises to each other along the way...

Guess everyone in the room tears because all of us realise to maintain a blissful marriage takes two hands to clap constantly and also both having the optimism that they will live happily together.

***********************************************************

My colleague, Id, took pre-wedding photos of this colleague. Very great photos he's taken and the couple was really very spontaneous, especially the jumping shots. They are lovely!

To see these photots, you can go to http://www.idalyphotography.com/ to check out "Molly and Chieng Kiat' Pre Wedding". Great photos I will have to say.

***********************************************************

No comments: