Monday, March 19, 2007

tired.....

went to help my fren,T, to do a duty.
it's my sch family day..
hhaha..surprisingly there were so many people going for such event..hahaa.. =p

din really expect any cases, but of cos, i'm hoping for cases.. =p

met some src avd personnels there..two of them were pretty surprised to see me there. i believe they dun know tat i am from ntu. hahaa..

obviously...
i look so young...

whahahahhaa...

anyway din talk much to them..i feel very uncomfortable with them...besides one person, cos done a project with him n his detachment before, n i find him to be a nice person...

anyway let's not talk about them..

abrasion cases came in..it's been a long time when i did my last wound treatment..a bit nervous initially..but could still remember how DT had taught me.
Still remembered he taught me the practical wound dressing on a rugby first aid duty. then SO also taught me how to do RICE.
it's not tat i did not know the theorical treatment, but it's the practical which i'm unsure of and i was not confident.

anyway saw a different treatment for muscle contusion. usually, RICE will be the treatment for it, but it's my first time when deep heat cream was used. and some sort of massage was used with the deep heat. initially, i thought it's a wrong treatment, but from what the casualty gave the feedback, he did feel much better. n the first aider looks skilful in this treatment, but then again, at that time, super lots questions inside my brain...

(o_o)?????

so cos it's my first time seeing, and i'm totally in big doubt. rang up my buddy and SO, and another fren, to clarify. doubts were cleared.

haha..anyway, thanks really a lot, SO, and my buddy too..!!!

anyway me went to search for more info about muscle contusion treatment. still can't find more info on the function of deep heat cream, but manage find these websites:

the info are updated ard 2005 n 2006..

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40001156/
http://www.sportsmed.org/secure/reveal/admin/uploads/documents/AOSSM%20Youth%20BB%20and%20SB%20Injuries%20Interactive.pdf

http://www.wamedical.com/first_aid.htm

got so tired on sunday, that i dozed off while teaching my student. dozing off while talking. ended up me talking rubbish again. (-_-)

ahhaa...lucky thing my parents had not known me going for this duty. Phew.....

but wondering whether is it cos it's gonna be my last duty, tat's why there's more cases than i ever did in one duty.

sighh....

No comments: