Monday, September 24, 2007

ooooOoOo..very eventful today..
ahahaha..

my Integrated Design group mates - YS, YJ, V and HM went to my house for project meeting. First time ever my friends came to my house.hahha... =p
but probably i am not used to play host at home, so tink i sound kinda a little serious and din really know how to play a good host.. =p
(0_O) and a lot LOT LOT of calculation and factors to take into consideration etc etc blab blab blab... (x_O)

followed up attending the mid-autumn festival celebration held in the tcm sch..haha..din have to sing solo tonight..hahaha..have some last minute change. =p

and i can't believe myself. i am the backstage manager for the second part of the celebration. partly cos the first part managed by my Welfare Officer was kinda disorganised to me, resulting a lot of undesirable delays in between the prize-giving ceremony. so hmm....probably i feel i could help them out, in getting everything in order, so offered to help out by taking charge in managing the second part of the celebration.

i dun know where i got that courage to tell the Welfare Officer straight that I want to take charge (even told her that the first part was a mess). i just know the backstage needs a lot of tidy-up, since i have observed a number of production teams on how they manage the backstage and programmes. but hhaa..i feel there's still rooms of improvement, though i personally feel i have done pretty well tonight, as a first-timer. =p

haha..and had gotten one of my classmates to help me out in the stage management. =p thanked him numerous time cos the request for his help was last-minute, so i kinda feel bad to ask him help me in the managing the stage equipments. but definitely he's of a great help.

and well, finally got to check out who are those classmates who are about my age..haha..basically these classmates had freshly graduated from NUS or NTU, so tat makes me the only full-time undergraduate.

even played with the Welfare Officer's young daughter. She's very cute..! haha..so showed her my "break the rubber band" magic trick. hahhaa..i know it's super childish, but well, the girl was amazed. hahhaa..but she's really very cute..n i dun have to feel so tense up too. =p

but walking around with my high-heeled shoes was very tiring. tripped over a flight of stairs (thank goodness, i din fall) ...and had a cramp on my right toes when the show was about to end.. (T_T)

oh Ya..! i even saw my SAC junior, whom i used to teach her A.maths and Chemistry. met her at the backstage, and she put up a violin performance. and happily surprisingly, she's taking the same course as me..! though she's now one year academically senior of me. hahaha.. =p

being the backstage manager for the first time was a great experience. it's been a long time since i managed and lead. and it feels really cool to manage and lead once more... =)

all these, i feel, had to be foundamentally credited to my dad, my st john's seniors(especially rachel) and officers (the ALTC 2000's sgts and officers) and the quiet observations of past backstage management of different events..if i had not trained by them in the tough way, i dun tink i could have this gut to implement what i've done tonight. =p

the whole event ended well..! thank goodness..!! PHEW..! XD

OoO..! finally tat's the end of my day today..! ooO..need to have "settling time" after the whole backstage stuff..!

though..arg..still got to go sch for fyp later in the afternoon.. (T_T)

No comments: