Friday, July 21, 2006

happy n sad..arg..dilemma of feelings..

on 21st july 2006,

racial harmony day,

i had my oath taken solemnly.

With a little giggle though. =p giggled a little when i read the last few statements of the oath. I can't help it..!! T_T

It's kinda weird to take my oath in front of the lady commission of oath, in front of the two photos, and the flag. The whole environment was kinda weird, awkward, i would say. =p Well, of course, i was pretty excited cos i've renounced my british-hong kong citizenship and now took this solemn oath as a singaporean. hmm..pretty a significant day to me. =)

Attended SAC's passing out parade this afternoon. My girls were utterly nervous when they received the rank from the principal. haa..a lot of hilarious mistakes made from them..!! haa..but the passing over of positions was not very well-done, especially the passing over of the president appointment.

*shake head* i started to get worried for the future of my girls. T_T

The whole parade brought back my old memories. All my achievements i had in SAC, in sjab, especially...

1998:
- Appointed as my class's class monitor. (in fact, i volunteered myself to be one. dun know how i got the courage)
- Joined sjab cos there's no red cross in SAC. still, to me, made no difference as long as i could learn more first aid skills.

1999:
- Appointed once again to be the class monitor. (this time, voted by my classmates..haa..)
- Tremendous improvement in maths ever since i had joined my tuition teacher Mr Kelvin Ng's lessons. =) really grateful to him.
- Almost every maths test, I topped the class. =)
- Final year exam, i was ranked fifth of the whole sec 2 level in the Final year's Science paper. =)
- Got into my dream class - the only Triple Science class, sec 3/7 =)

2000:
- Appointed to be the class vice-chairman
- Often topped the class for my A maths's tests. =)
- Initially signed for SJAB zone 3's Basic Leadership Course (BLTC). But after the selection and interview, I was recommended to go for Advanced Leadership Course (ALTC). Basically, i've jumped course. =) with only a rank of a private.
- Awarded to be the ALTC's Best Cadet Award. Only with a rank of a private. =) this, i'm real proud of myself.
- During SAC's passing out parade, I was awarded to be the Sec 3's Best Cadet Award.
- At the same time, I was appointed to be SAC SJAB's vice-president cum secretary. this, i'm really happy.
- For my sec 3 term 2 semester, I scored full marks for all my A.Maths tests.
- So, I topped the whole sec 3 level for A.Maths. =)
- In SAC's Achievers' Night, awarded 'Leadership' award and 'A.Maths top-scorer' award.

2001:
- Represented SAC for National Pen Chinese Calligraphy Competition. But din win. haa..
- Represented SAC for National Chinese Composition Competition. Din win again. whaa..
- Got double-promotion in SAC passing out parade. =)
- A tremendous jump from prelims' 17 points to 'O' levels' 9 points.
- English literature -> prelims' B4 to 'O' A1
- English -> prelims' C6 to 'O' B3
- At that point, I really thank God for this. Din really expect myself to do this well. Really thank Him for His blessing.
- Entered my dream JC, Temasek Junior College. =)

I love my SAC life. =)

No comments: