Saturday, January 06, 2007

vietnam account fr 19th n 21st dec 2006

5th Jan 2007, Fri:

Vomitted in the middle of the night. And having diahorrea. (T_T)

Ended up resting and sleeping the whole day at home. Initially I'm supposed to meet up 2 of my tj old classmates to go back tj to clash into its orientation and also to visit our teachers. Sigh..it's been 4 yrs since i met my classmates. Then all of all things, i fell sick. =(

But it's surprisingly to me that i finally have the courage to go back to face tj. All along, i never want to step into the gates of tjc. Reasons being? It brought many unhappy memories to me, especially my bio teacher who always put pressure on me to drop the Bio subject. =( But now, i feel i'm ready to face all the teachers. yup.. (",)

Fell sick, ended up eating plain porridge with soy sauce. (T_T) it's a big torture to eat it. First, i never like eating porridge, besides century egg with minced meat porridge. Second, the porridge is super plain tat i feel like puking while eating it. And my mum boiled soup. I've always been her solid fan when it comes to soups which she boils. Today, i've no chance to drink. (T_T) it's been a long time i've not drunk her soups. I kinda miss drinking the soups she boils.

Hopefully i'll be fine by tomorrow. Has to teach from 11am to 5pm. Almost non-stop actions of tuition works. No choice, the only free time i have now, is on weekends. Anyway, i'm no longer attached, so i could put more focus into work. Work n work n work, earn money as much as i can now. haha.. =p

Gotten a bad news today. Received an email from sch that my application to one attachment company is not successful. Made me happy for nothing. Now i need to wait for wed to select another company. Sigh... =(

4th Jan, thursday:

Went back to sch for attachment briefing. And met up with 3 of my very good friends for jap buffet. haha..miss them so much sia..And we had a real long chat after it. I simply enjoyed talking with them, and realised that we all have grown much throughout the years. (^^)

Also bought a blouse from Red2 and a pair of high-heeled shoes. (",) can't wait to wear sia..i wanna have a change in my image. So will be wearing more feminine clothes in future. haaa.. =p And going to have my hair permed. Those with large curls. haha..kinda tired of seeing myself with straight hair. =p


19th Dec 2006, Tuesday:

Health care education for Kim Bai pri start today. BUt i've no opportunity to teach the kids cos i'm in the kitchen team for today. Kitchen team, as in, the people in this team will be responsible for cooking meals for the rest on that entire day.

Morning was super cold. Could blow steam out from our mouths. hahaha..

The water is rusty due to the rusty pipe, and we could not use it for drinking purpose. We used it to wash dishes and veggies. But after tat, we will use well water to rinse off the rusty water on them.

Long time never make preparations for meals. As i was peeling the potato skins, i kinda miss my mum. Normally at home, i hardly help out in preparing food. It's my mum who does the job. Long time i've not cooked fried rice and i've no idea how to start. Lucky thing, in my team, i've a friend who knows how to cook. So he guided me and another friend, M, in cooking the fried rice. The first and last portion of the rice were cooked by me, and the rest was cooked by M. haha..took a photo of the fried rice dish with M. haha..lucky thing, the rice was pretty nice..!! (^^)

Games Day in Kim Bai pri was held in the afternoon and i had the chance to play with them. Played tug-of-war and my side won..!! =D haaa..Later after the games, the kids put up many singing performances and i sinply love them..!!Some of them were very good-looking. And my friend, T, and i have a particular girl in Kim Bai whom we love to take photos very much. I love his photography skills, and also his camera. Since i'm in charge of video n also a bit of photography, i always love to look at the photos which he took. Also, we realised that both of us have a common favourite photographic target. And we called her "Miss universe" cos whenever she says hi to us, she will walk and wave her hand, just like miss universe. And we simply love her smile. (^^)

From today's cooking experience, i've learnt the importance of clean water. And i feel a greater importance in my course of study. I feel I have an aim in studying and excelling in environmental engineering. Do well, and i could help these poorer places in purifying water so tat they can have cleaner water to use. yup.. (^^)

The night sky there is beautiful. The stars are beautiful and i wish that i could juz sit outside and stare at the sky for a long long time. But the weather is always cold at night and i've no chance. At tat point in time, i wish i could watch such scenery with someone special. Who? For a moment, i'm confused.


20th dec 2006, Wednesday:

Today, i finally have a chance to teach the kids in Kim Bai. Initially i was pretty nervous teaching them. BUt later after, i was at my teaching mode and I simply love teaching the kids. They are very responsive and eager to learn. Love them so much..!! (^^)

Started packing first aid kits. Tomorrow's first aid education starting. And finally the medical cargo was accepted to enter vietnam and we were very happy..!! =D

My friend, W, and i had planned this workshop for a long time. There are many changes and we have to change the lesson plans according. Today is still not the confirmed plan. Cos it's only by tomorrow when we meet the Kim Bai sec sch's principal, everything is confirmed and set.

Nervous sia... =x


21st dec 2006, thursday:

Today's the start of basic first aid education for the kim bai sec sch kids. Went to meet the principal in the morning. Initially, everything went very smoothly. The principal nodded in agreement to every request we made. I thought everything will go as i expected.

First aid workshop started in the afternoon. The target groups for today were Grade 8 and 9 students. I was in charge of facilitating Grade 8 while my friend, W, was in charge of Grade 9.

Initially, the attendance was poor and at a moment, i was totally demoralised and wanted to give up. Luckily, the attendance was improving a lot and my friends gave me many encouraging words. =)

The workshop kicked off well. We could still manage to control every student, until when we started to give them hands-on activities. It was super havoc and chaotic, for W's and my side. They were totally uncontrollable and we ended up to be very fierce and stern to them. Realised these students have very high ego and they dun like to be treated like kids. They will not accept any sweet given to them. And they have attitude problems. W ended up ending the lesson early cos his side was almost uncontrollable. Even the teacher could not control them.

everyone returned with a shagged-out face. haha..and i was very disappointed and upset with the outcome of the workshop. Felt tat i've not done well, despite all the preparations made by W and I.

The principla seemed to understand how we felt and told us that these 2 grades are more difficult to manage as they are in growing-up period. And he assumed us that tomorrow's students will be more easier to handle...i hope so...

But this kim bai sec principal's very nice. We later realise that he agrees to our every request juz cos he wants us to be happy. So sweet of him, rite? we goes there,supposedly to make his sch happy. but now it's the other way too. he wants us to be happy. I am pretty touched tat he's so nice to us... (",)

25th was around the corner, and i'm starting to have pre-25 syndrome again.

No comments: